5 Tips for Those Who Are Going to Visit India
India is one of the most popular tourist destinations in the world, for having the essence of mystical and historical Indian culture. India’s diverse culture, flora and fauna, splendid art and architecture, of course, the rich History oozing out from every nook and corner, – attracting everyone towards it. So, in this article, we will talk about 5 tips which will help you to travel through India in a better, safer and more comfortable way possible.
Plan Your Trip
Even before you plan your journey, check whether all the necessary information and documents are in order. Pack them safely. Visa and passports are the most important documents. An Indian Visa is valid for 6 months from the day of its issuance. However, an E-visa is valid for 60 days only. There, plan your trip keeping everything in your mind. Note down all the international airports in India which will help you to travel around. One of the best ways to travel in India is in a machine, i.e. a Car. Renting a car and driving across the Indian terrain should be at the top of your to-do list. Make sure you rent a powerful car with comfortable seating. You can use a Jeep Wrangler which is full of amazing features best suitable for such adventures.
Health and Travel Safety
Whenever you are traveling to a foreign country, a major concern is health. India is a huge country to explore, so make sure you have a travel insurance to keep you covered in cases of medical emergencies like shortage of money or other official problems. Keeping yourself healthy throughout the trip is also extremely important. Do not use public drinking water points. Go for mineral water or carry a bottle to refill it wherever you see a filter. This is the best way to avoid water-borne diseases. After all, you don’t want to spend your trips exploring your hotel room in place of incredible India!
Pack Light for Your Trip
India is mostly a tropical country so you are likely to experience some hot and humid weather throughout the year. Thus, do not burden yourself with too much thick and warm clothes which will be absolutely unnecessary unless you are having plans for a Himalayan Trek or other hill stations to enjoy the snow. Better pack light – go ahead with layering. Try to wear clothes made of light cotton materials covering your skin as much as possible. Umbrellas, hats, sunglasses, sunscreen lotions with 50+ SPF; all are your weapons that will protect you from the harmful UV sun rays attacking you.
Places You Cannot Miss
There are so many exciting places to visit in India – from heritage sites, deserts, forts to beaches and beautiful cities! It will take you a lifetime to visit all these places scattered all over India, but there are few places which you absolutely cannot afford to leave out from your list.
- Varanasi, one of the oldest city and a pilgrimage site, is full of history and fascinating culture.
- Kashmir is one awe-inspiring state with serene picturesque landscapes and beautiful flora and fauna spread all over.
- Jaipur is also known as ‘the pink city’. If you are a beach lover, try Puri and Goa!
- Ajanta and Ellora Caves in Maharashtra, Ramseshwaram in South, Terracotta temples and Victoria Memorial in West Bengal, India Gate in Mumbai are also some of the beautiful attractions.
- How can you even miss out Taj Mahal? One of the seven wonders is located right in the heart of Agra.
There are several kinds of Indian cuisines – unique in every state. If you have come to India but didn’t taste them, then you have missed a big part. Let us have a look at the most popular Indian cuisines-
- Bengali cuisine is very popular for its amazing blend of sweet and spicy delicacies.
- Punjabi food is surely something you will crave over!
- Mughlai cuisine gives you the opportunity to taste the very recipes of the Mughal Emperors.
- If you want to fill your stomach with something light and low on calories then you must surely try South Indian foods like Dosa, Uttapam, Idli, etc.
- Rajasthani dishes are also something to crave for. They are filled with spices and are usually filled with masalas (spices) and ingredients of all sorts.
Whenever you are visiting a new place (no matter where you are traveling) you also need to be a little careful. Getting your trip pre-planned and booked, will save you from unnecessary troubles. Consider sites like OYO, Tripadvisor for your trip planning and bookings! Lastly, don’t rush to cover all places or else you won’t be able to enjoy any of it!
My name is Irina, I am a certified advertising specialist, a journalist and an experienced blogger. My blog is my love, my hobby and my life.
My blog- http://zombdrive.com
More from Irina @ The Blogging Musician